100% Reservation System:
- All 13 State Parks offer 100 percent reservations for campsites, cabins, yurts and tipis.
- Beaver Lake
- Cross Ranch
- Fort Abraham Lincoln
- Fort Ransom
- Fort Stevenson
- Grahams Island
- Lake Metigoshe
- Lake Sakakawea
- Lewis and Clark
- Little Missouri
- Sully Creek
- Turtle River
- Campsite and cabin reservations may be made online by using our 24 hour Online Reservation System. Prior to making your first reservation, users will be prompted to
register for a North Dakota Login ID.
- Campsite and cabin reservations may also be made by phone to the Call Center at 800-807-4723. Call Center hours are 7am to 7pm Central Time.
- Horse campsite/corral reservations must be booked directly at the park:
- Fort Abraham Lincoln State Park - 701-667-6340
- Fort Ransom State Park - 701-973-4331
- Little Missouri State Park - 701-764-5256
- Sully Creek State Park - 701-623-2024
- Same Day Reservations for arrivals the current night and/or the next night may be made directly at the park after the reservation window has closed (noon the day prior to arrival).
- Reservations for shelters, dorms, and group or meeting facilities should be made by calling the park directly.
- Reservations for campsites may be made up to 95 days in advance and no later than noon the day prior to arrival through the Call Center or Online. The 95 day window opens February 16, 2016 at 7am Central Time.
- Reservations for full-service cabins, yurts, shelters and meeting facilities may be made up to 365 days in advance and no later than noon the day prior to arrival.
- Campsites, camping cabins and tipis may be reserved from mid-May through Labor Day. Select camping cabins may be available through November. Full-service cabins and yurts are available year-round.
- Horse park campsite/corral reservations are accepted through the following dates:
- Fort Abraham Lincoln – Labor Day
- Fort Ransom State Park – September 25
- Little Missouri State Park – October 31
- Sully Creek State Park – November 30
- A credit card (Discover, Visa or MasterCard) is required to process payment. Checks, money orders and cash are only accepted at the state parks.
- A non-refundable fee is assessed for each reservation. Additional fees will be charged for reservation changes and cancellations. A full listing of fees can be found here.
- Full payment in advance is required to confirm all reservations.
Campsites and Cabins:
- Prices vary based on the resource type, amenities and on the season (Full-service: Mid-May through mid-September, Off-Season: Mid-September through mid-May). For current pricing please see the Online Reservation System or contact the Call Center at 800-807-4723. You may also view a fee listing at Fees and Facilities Brochure.
*Note To get to pricing information in the online system, click on the 'Make a Reservation' link, select the park you are interested in and select a site and date with the amenities you want. The cost will be listed in the site details.
- Reservation confirmation notices will be e-mailed with a unique reservation number, campground information, arrival and departure dates. Confirmations may also be checked online by going to the verify reservation page, and entering your name and confirmation number. If you misplace or delete your confirmation email, you may visit the verify reservation page, or contact the call center or park to look up your reservation details.
- Reservations may be changed either online or through the Call Center until noon the day prior to arrival. Once the customer arrives at the park, changes should be handled by park staff.
- Customers may not change from one resource type to another (single campsite, group campsite or cabins), or from one park to another. This constitutes a cancellation and re-booking a new reservation with all applicable service fees.
- There will be no fees incurred for campsite transfers utilizing the same number of nights. (For example; moving from one single campsite to another single campsite for the same timeframe) All other changes will incur a $2.50 fee. Change fees and rules can be found here.
- Reservations may be cancelled either online or through the Call Center until noon the day prior to arrival. Contact your destination park when cancelling after your scheduled date of arrival.
- Cancellation fees and rules can be found here.
- Refunds will be processed using the original method of payment whenever possible.
- The reservation fee is non-refundable.
- For refund requests after the reservation arrival date, contact park staff directly.
First Come, First Serve Campsites (Same Day Reservations):
- If a campsite is not reserved after the reservation window has closed (noon the day prior to arrival), it becomes available as a first come, first serve campsite. Customers are allowed to book same day arrival nights directly at the park for either the current or the next night and up to the 14 night maximum stay if available.
- A reservation fee will be charged to customers calling the park for a same day reservation. There is no reservation fee for on-site registrations.
Length of Stay:
- Maximum Stay Policy is 14 nights in any 30 day period. Customers may be limited to a 3 night stay when they are not using a campsite or overnight facility for recreation purposes.
- Reservations extending beyond the 14 night maximum stay policy will be cancelled and customers will be asked to leave the park.
- Check-In Times:
- 2:00pm - Campsites
- 4:00pm - Full-Service and Camping Cabins, Tipis, Yurts
- 1:00pm – Campsites, Camping Cabins and Tipis
- 11:00am - Full-Service Cabins and Yurts
- For customers making campsite reservations through the call center, no more than five campsites may be reserved during any one call. For large group gatherings when ten or more adjacent campsites are desired, use the online management system or call the park directly.
- Unless otherwise noted on your confirmation, one camping unit and a maximum of six people are allowed per campsite.
- On holiday and special event weekends, a two or three night cabin or campsite stay may be required. Check individual park resources.
- Customers may view rules and regulations, descriptions, photos and amenities for all state park campsites, cabins, shelters, and meeting facilities at www.parkrec.nd.gov
- Customers are allowed to arrive at any time during their reservation timeframe. This may result in unoccupied campsites/cabins for a portion of the reservation. The park is obligated to hold a reserved site until a cancellation is made. Thank you for your understanding when you see unoccupied resources in the park.