Where to ride snowmobiles
- Interactive Trail Map
- Trail conditions—Updates will occur every week by 12:00pm CST on Thursday during the snowmobile season.
North Dakota has thirteen state snowmobile trails, totaling just over 2800 miles, that are maintained by members of Snowmobile North Dakota. Trails are open to snowmobiling enthusiasts from December 1 through April 1, providing that the trail has a minimum of four inches of packed snow.
Many of the trails are on trail easements through private land. Snowmobilers are reminded to respect private property and remain on marked trail segments.
Snowmobile trail maps can be obtained at the following:
Additional trail names, locations, and approximate mileage are listed below.
- Northeast (pdf 659kb) Pembina Gorge, Langdon, Walhalla, Cavalier, Edinburgh— 476 mi
- Peace Garden (pdf 553kb) Bottineau, Rolla—198 mi
- East Central Valley (pdf 488kb) Casselton, Fargo—200 mi
- Sheyenne Valley (pdf 721kb) Jamestown, LaMoure, Ft. Ransom, Valley City, Oakes—286 mi
- Red River North (pdf 480kb) Minto, Grafton—146 mi
- Red River South (pdf 590kb) Grand Forks, Manvel, Fordville—193 mi
- Lake Region (pdf 308kb) Devils Lake—216 mi
- Missouri Valley (pdf 792kb) Mandan, Bismarck, Linton—213 mi
- Sno Trails (pdf 807kb) Minot, Velva, Towner—351 mi
- North Central (pdf 640kb) Rugby, Cando—183 mi
- Southern Valley (pdf 473kb) Wahpeton, Mooreton—136 mi
- Cat-Tail (pdf 509kb) Hope—91 mi
- Sargent County (pdf 176kb) Gwinner—90 mi