The Friends of Lewis and Clark State Park was organized in 1999 to support and enhance the park.
There are three types of membership:
- Single membership: $10.00
- Family membership: $25.00
- Business/government membership: $25.00
- Financially responsible for the wireless internet charges in the campground over the summer months.
- Updates and upgrades in the wireless internet
- Participated in the project of updating the fire rings throughout the campgrounds
- Create a mission statement that reflects the future needs of the park due to the changing population and increased impacts on the park.
- Additional horseshoe pits in the campground.
The Friends of Lewis and Clark State Park are responsible for two events each summer. In June, the group hosts a Friend's Annual Picnic. In July, Christmas in July is celebrated.
There are two major meetings per year. The Annual Meeting is held the third week of April. Board members meet again in November of each year.
Friends of Lewis and Clark State Park
PO Box 845
Williston, ND 58802-0845
Past projects of the Friends of Lewis and Clark State Park have included:
- Finance and erect the park playground.
- Help build park walking trails.
- Help construct walking bridge.
- Finance and install campground flagpole.
- Install amphitheater seating.
- Help construct park kiosk.
- Financial support of amphitheater programs.
- Sponsor Bingo prizes.
- Plant and help maintain campground flowers.
- Originated and administered Butt Shot Run in 2004, 2005, and 2006.
- Volunteered hundreds of hours with park projects and maintenance.
- Raised money for the construction of the picnic shelter in 2008.