The North Dakota Parks & Recreation Department facilitates four grant opportunities.
- Land and Water Conservation Fund (LWCF) provides grants for outdoor recreation projects such as ball fields, pools, campgrounds, playgrounds, and land acquisitions for park development - closed
- Recreational Trails Program (RTP) provides funding for both motorized and non-motorized recreational trail projects - open
- Off-Highway Vehicle Recreation Grant Program (OHVR) provides financial assistance for construction, improvement, or renovation of OHV recreation facilities throughout North Dakota - ongoing
- Community Grant Program (CGP) provides financial assistance in two distinct areas: recreation leadership assistance and outdoor recreation facilities assistance - closed
- Additional Grant Opportunities - There are various grants available locally, statewide and national that are not administered by the North Dakota Parks & Recreation Department. - open