The North Dakota Parks and Recreation Department offers a wide variety of camping options across 13 of our premier destination properties. Sites range from primitive to modern, with some accommodating larger groups or those with horses. Use our interactive Destination Finder to see a map of state parks, facilities, activities, trails and lodging.
Where to camp
Beaver Lake State Park
Cross Ranch State Park
Fort Abraham Lincoln State Park
Fort Ransom State Park
Fort Stevenson State Park
Grahams Island State Park
Icelandic State Park
Lake Sakakawea State Park
Lake Metigoshe State Park
Lewis & Clark State Park
Little Missouri State Park*
Sully Creek State Park
Turtle River State Park
* Please note Little Missouri State Park is only open seasonally.
View the 2023 State Parks Guide for more info about each of our destinations!
What to know
- Campsites and seasonal lodging can be booked 95 days in advance from the date you wish to stay.
- Reservations can be made online or by calling the call center (800-807-4723).
- Check-in is at 4:00 pm on the first day of the reservation and checkout is at 3:00 pm on the last day of the reservation.
- Pets are welcome but must stay on a leash. Most parks have off-leash areas or dog parks for your four-legged friends.
- The full list of park fees and facility information can be found in the Fees & Facilities Brochure.
- The cancellation policy and reservation information can be found here.