Fort Stevenson State Park is pleased to host an Ojibway Snowshoe Lacing Workshop on Saturday, February 1, 2020, from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. This instructor-led workshop will give participants the opportunity to lace their own pair of Ojibway snowshoes. The cost is $85.00 per participant; the fee includes a snowshoe kit, lunch, and snack. The registration deadline is January 1, 2020. Class size is limited to 12 participants — register by calling Fort Stevenson State Park at 701-337-5576.
When registering, you will be asked to indicate the snowshoe kit size that you would like to order. When determining your snowshoe size, take into consideration the weight of any gear (outdoor clothing and boots, backpack, water bottle, etc.) you plan to have with you when you snowshoe.
Large: 12" x 60" frame (over 190 pounds)
Medium: 11" x 54" frame (120 to 190 pounds)
Small: 10" x 50" frame (less than 120 pounds)
Each snowshoe kit includes:
- 2 snowshoe frames made from straight-grained white ash
- 4 strands of woven nylon lacing for toes and tails
- 2 strands of woven nylon lacing for center sections
- 2 strands of woven nylon lacing for wrapping the master cord
- Step-by-step instruction manual