Who is for the return of the Cardio & Coffee Trail Running Series at Fort Abraham Lincoln State Park? This one-of-a-kind event will elevate your outdoor fitness routine by adding in the enjoyment and education of the finest specialty roast coffee. We have taken a typical morning run and turned it into an energy-driven morning on the most beautiful and legendary trails of Fort Abraham Lincoln State Park.
There are four scheduled Saturdays in the 2020 series. Each Saturday morning, the trail run will consist of a unique 4-mile run, lead by our Interpretive Ranger. Every run will be followed up with a tasting of a specialty roast coffee brewed to perfection, served on the deck of the Commissary Store. Event is sponsored by North Dakota Parks and Recreation Department and Coal Country Coffee Company
Dates are: June 20th, July 18th, July 25th, August 8th, *Dates may be subject to changes*
- Register online before the run to reserve your spot.
- Participants are encouraged to arrive between 7:30-7:45 am at the Commissary Gift shop on Cavalry Square.
- We will plan to get started at 8:00 am each morning. Coffee will be served outside the Commissary by park staff accompanied by a brief educational talk on the feature coffee.
- The trail route will not marked, but maps highlighting the route will be provided.
- Average running time will be about 50 minutes to 1 hour
- The running pace will be a moderate 10 to 12-minute miles for a distance of about 4 miles. Feel free to stick with the ranger's pace, or don't hesitate to run at a pace that fits your fitness level. There will be 1 to 2 short stops along the way in order for the group to stick together.
- All ages are welcome to participate, we recommend participants be able to easily run 5K unassisted.
***Due to the social restrictions of the (COVID-19) during the activity, maintain a 6ft distance between runners on the trail.
- The running routes will be on the park multi-use trails. These are dirt/gravel trails with moderate level inclines and declines. The multi-use trails in some areas may contain unlevel ground. Be aware of typical trail challenges. Trails are not stroller friendly
- Wear supportive running shoes and come prepared for running on dirt/gravel/grass trails. For those warm summer mornings, small containers with water are recommended.
- Cancellations due to weather or excessive rain the night before will be made at 6:30 am the morning of the trail run. Cancellation notice will be posted to our Facebook Page and other social media sites. Keep in mind the run will likely still proceed with light rain and or moderate rain the night before.
Event is FREE with a North Dakota State Parks Annual Pass, or $7 vehicle registration at the entrance to the park. Daily and annual passes can be purchased online at www.parkrec.nd.gov. For more information about Fort Abraham Lincoln State Park visit www.parkrec.nd.gov. For more information about the event call 701-667-6340. For the most updated and timely information and updates related to COVID-19, visit the NDDoH